HIf you’re in the market for a new heating and cooling system, you’ve probably got a lot of questions, especially if this is your first time purchasing a new HVAC system. We often get the same types of questions from our customers about buying a new air conditioner or heater and about HVAC installation. That’s why we’ve put together a list of HVAC installation FAQs to try to anticipate some of the questions you might have and help you during the research process.
Here are just a few of the most frequently asked questions we get about HVAC installation:
When should I purchase a new heating or air conditioning system?
You should purchase a new heating or air conditioning system when your current HVAC system is no longer able to support your home comfort needs. Sometimes this can be hard to determine, but here are some general signs that it’s time to purchase a new system:
- You have had your system for 10 years or longer. Ten years is the average lifespan of a typical heating and cooling system. While some quality brands may last longer than a decade, you’ll need to make a decision based on your system’s ability to keep you comfortable.
- Your energy bills are through the roof. If you start to notice your energy bills increasing over time, and your system doesn’t need any repairs, then it may be time to replace your HVAC system with a more energy efficient model.
- The cost of repair is higher than replacement. Older HVAC systems and those that are on their way out will require more and more repairs as time goes on. If your total cost of repairs is close to or more than it would cost to replace your system, it probably makes more sense to just get a new system installed.
How can I find the HVAC system that’s right for me?
Just as every home has different comfort needs, they also have different criteria for the ideal heating and cooling system. The best way to find the HVAC system that’s right for you is to do a little research and comparison shopping. Focus on which features each system can provide and narrow it down to a list of systems that are able to meet your home comfort needs and your budget.
At Advent Air Conditioning, we recommend Carrier home comfort systems to our customers. Not only is Carrier a trusted name in HVAC with quality heating and cooling equipment, but they also offer a range of different options to meet our customers’ needs across the board. Browse our Carrier products page to learn more about your options for a new Carrier home comfort system.
What is the proper size HVAC system for my home?
The proper size HVAC system for your home depends on a number of factors, including construction, window size and placement, ceiling height, and other important variables. That’s why it’s vital that you get help from a professional HVAC technician who specializes in new HVAC system installation. A professional load calculation will help ensure that you are buying the right size system for your home.
And why does size matter? Well, if your HVAC system is too large for your space, it will turn on and off frequently when trying to get your home to the right temperature. The frequent starting and stopping of your system could cause unnecessary wear and tear to your system’s parts. Not to mention, this can be a drain on your energy bill. Similarly, a system that’s too small will have to work harder than it should to keep your home comfortable, which results in unnecessary wear and tear, excessive energy use, and even an inability to stay comfortable.
How to save on HVAC installation?
There are a variety of ways that you can save on your new HVAC system installation:
- Take advantage of dealer special promotions that offer money off a new system or installation costs.
- Use factory rebates to save significantly on a brand new quality HVAC system.
- Replace your HVAC system in the off seasons (Spring or Fall) to take advantage of specials on installation pricing.
At Advent Air Conditioning, our dealer HVAC promotions are always changing as we look for new ways to help our customers save. Be sure to check our page often for updated deals or give us a call to see what specials we are currently running.
How can I pay for a new HVAC system?
Purchasing a new heating and cooling system is a major investment for most homeowners. However, with financing, it’s possible to get help purchasing your new HVAC system so that you don’t have to sacrifice quality or comfort. That’s why we offer special HVAC financing offers that help homeowners get the money they need to replace their HVAC system. If you qualify for financing, this can be a convenient way to pay for a new HVAC system when you need it.
How do I find the right HVAC company?
Finding the right HVAC company is important if you want to have a successful new system installation experience. Look for a Dallas HVAC company that has a reputation for providing quality products and services to homeowners in the area:
- Consider how long the company has been in business and what values they have founded and operate their business under.
- Look at customer reviews to find out what other customers are saying about their experience.
- Consider any awards or honors that the company has won that demonstrate their commitment to honest customer service.
- Take a look at the training required for their HVAC technicians to ensure that they have the experience necessary to install your new heating and cooling system.
- Make sure that they have the proper licenses and insurance in place to protect themselves and you as a homeowner.
Still have a question? Ready to get started with the HVAC installation process? Our home comfort experts are only a phone call away. Contact us today to find the best new HVAC system for your home comfort needs and budget: (469) 240-5456.